Monday, September 23, 2013

Emerald Green Garden Stool

 I couldn't believe my luck while perusing Goodwill several weeks ago, I happened upon a pretty little garden stool. A garden stool has always been on my want list, but some of the prices of them are cray-cray...so I practically ran when I spied this one.
 It wasn't the color I would have chosen, but if you are here reading, you know of my love of spray paint-heck, your love of spray paint-we have that in common I'm sure. I liked the unique style as well, so no chips or cracks and this baby came home with me.

 As with EVERYTHING I spray paint...clean metal primer is what I use as a base. I let it cure overnight.
 This botanical canvas from Ikea became my inspiration as soon as I hung it, so my color choice was pretty easy.
I used 'Meadow Green' from Rustoleum and I really liked the finish. I typically use Krylon, but I decided to try something new this time. I barely used the whole can even with the three coats it took for total coverage.

 Once it was totally cured (it's sooo important to be patient with the painting process) I brought it inside to use as a little accent table next to our charcoal chair.
 I did some foo-fooing, of course, but in reality, it will remain empty to actually be used.
 I love, love, love how it turned out and really excited how the bold green is looking.
 As you know, Emerald is the color of the year for 2013 and leave it to me to wait until practically the end of the year to incorporate it! Have you used Emerald some way in your home?

I will be sharing my Fall Mantel with you tomorrow, see you then!
2011-12-013

18 comments:

  1. That's a great green! Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the shape of the stool. I have not seen one like that one, good find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful makeover. I love that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stool and the color! I am fonder of turquoise than emerald, so that would have been my choice of color. But love that little stool. Great find on Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Turquoise is one of my faves too-but I have been wanting to see how emerald would work for me-I'm really liking it!

      Delete
  5. I love your stool...I have one of those on my wishlist too. Now...I can't wait to see your mantel! In my book you are the queen of the mantel...in fact you are the queen of the whole fireplace!! Your mantels are ALWAYS my favorite...and I love the way you decorate the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! You're too sweet. I hope you'll like what I've done this year...

      Delete
  6. What a great find and a lovely colour. I added a large green bottle to the armoire in our family room and a small emerald beer bottle (empty) for bubblebath in our master bathroom. I prefer blues but I'm finding the emerald a nice pop of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the blues...and for greens, I usually lean more toward 'apple green', but this little stool is really adding another layer of color, I'm really liking it.

      Delete
  7. I love the unique shape and that color just pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! Love it! So good to hear from you. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out fabulous! Wow...to find that at Goodwill, you were lucky. Are you working on your Fall mantel now? Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy this beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first comment here, but I've been following your blog for a long time :-) I love Goodwill, but I just don't think I have the right "eye" to find something I could makeover/update like you. I love how you are able to see the potential in thrifty finds like that stool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle